Solis is an urban game experience designed collaboratively at The European School of Urban Game Design, 'Trust in Play' in Athens.
- Solis is played in silence.
- Only one person is allowed to move through space at a time.
- While someone else is moving, orient your heart towards the moving person.
- You should see everyone in the group at all times. If you do not, reposition yourself until you do.
- Move with a clear intention in mind
- At some point during your move you need to cross in-between two people.
- In order to signal that your move has ended, face the rest of the group.
- You are allowed to move others during your move. Before you do, check in with them by holding out your hand. If they place their hand into yours, you may move them. If they raise their hand, you may not.
- If you want to end the game move to the estimated centre of the whole group.
Solis acts as a sandbox to explore new team dynamics, specifically non-hierarchical ones through embodied play.
Creators: Anne-Lorraine Selke, Ioana Lupascu, Lily Higgins, Lizzie Hudson, Thibault Schiemann